Skip to main content

Apply for Discretionary Housing Payments

You can use this application form to make a claim for discretionary assistance with your rent.

The Council has a limited amount of money that can be used to help residents in receipt of Universal Credit who need additional help with their rent.

The scheme is not part of the benefits legislation. All awards are made at the Council's discretion. To be eligible you will need to show that you receive the housing element of Universal Credit and that your circumstances are exceptional.

Awards can range from one off payments to regular monthly payments for a period of no more than twelve months. They cannot be relied upon to solve long term shortfalls in benefit.

Start a new application

Choose this option to start a new application. Click on the start button:

Continue with a saved form

Choose this option to continue filling out a saved application